ALL PORCELAIN CROWNS
Ceramic crowns may be made of porcelain, resins or dental ceramic materials. They create an extremely natural-looking appearance and can be used on both front and back teeth. The tooth-colored ceramic material is translucent, like the enamel of your natural teeth, and size and shade can be carefully matched to complement the rest of your smile. All ceramic or porcelain dental crowns improve both the appearance and function of injured or damaged teeth. They cover and protect the entire surface area of the tooth, restoring strength.
Why Would I Need Crowns?
- Restore a tooth to its original shape (if a portion has fractured)
- Strengthen a tooth following root canal treatment
- Reshaping, (altering the cosmetic appearance of the tooth)
- Replacing a failing old crown (often decay starts at the margin and creeps underneath)
- Strengthening and protecting a large cavity
- Preventing a cracked tooth from breaking
- Replacing and strengthening a large filling
- Crown fitted to a dental implant
- Replacing wear from teeth grinding
- Protecting from acid erosion from poor diet or acid reflux
There are many types of “porcelains” on the market, each with its own advantages and requirements. Dr. Campbell uses several types of porcelain, depending on the patients individual needs.
CEREC (one appointment crowns)
Dr. Campbell is proud to offer CEREC 3D – the world‚Äôs most advanced dental restoration system.
Using CAD/CAM technology (Computer Aided Design/Computer Aided Manufacturing), we can design, manufacture and install lifelike all porcelain crowns, onlays and inlays right here in our office. With CEREC, you can be in and out in a single visit with a permanent, all ceramic crown, inlay, onlay, or veneer! For you, this means less time, fewer injections, and less drilling. With this technology your new teeth will look and fit as perfect as possible every time. With CEREC, we can eliminate the problem of that dark line at the edge of your gums. Your new crown will appear as natural as your own teeth.. As part of your treatment program we can custom stain your new tooth right in the office to make it a perfect natural match:
- single appointment ( start to finish), no more waiting 1-2 weeks for crowns coming back from the lab
- fewer appointments
- less drilling
- no temporary restorations
- no metal